NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, YOU AFFIRMATIVELY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE OFFICIAL RULES; YOU MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST.
1. Contest Timing: The KidSmartz Safety Dance Video Contest (the "Contest") begins 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on January 22, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on March 31, 2015 (the "Contest Period"). The Contest Period consists of an Entry Period (the "Entry Period") which begins 12:00 a.m. ET on January 22, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on March 16, 2015, a Voting Period (the "Voting Period") which begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on January 22, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on March 16, 2015 and a Judging Period (the "Judging Period") which begins 12:00 a.m. ET on March 17, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on March 31, 2015.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to accredited elementary schools in the United States (the "School"). The Contest is divided into four (4) separate contests: one for Western Region of the United States including Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Alaska and Hawaii, one for the Midwestern Region of the United States including North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan, one for the Southern Region of the United states including Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, District of Columbia, Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia and Florida and one for the Northeastern Region of the United States including, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island and Maine (each a "Region"). Each School must authorize a representative (the "School Rep") to represent the School’s Entry and such School Rep will be the individual designated for contact purposes. School Rep is responsible for submitting the Entry on behalf of the School and communicating any and all information or request for information to the School’s officer(s) who authorize him/her to submit the Entry. School Rep must read and agree to these Official Rules on behalf of the School and the School will be deemed the "Entrant" under these Official Rules. The term "Winner" applies to the School and the School Rep must take any actions as required under these Official Rules including having a School officer sign any required documentation in order for School to receive a prize. School Rep must be a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who is 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of National Center of Missing and Exploited Children, their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Employees of Honeywell (also the "Sponsor") who are directly involved in the creation, marketing, oversight or otherwise involved with the Contest, and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children and siblings and their spouses) are not eligible to participate or win. For the purposes of this Contest participation includes being featured in the Video Entry or being the School Rep. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3. How to Enter the Contest: During the Entry Period, you may access the Contest at http://www.kidsmartz.org/contest (the "Site"). On the Site complete the on-screen registration form and a video of students doing the Safety Dance to the Safety Dance song which can be downloaded from the Site. Registration information provided and the video submitted shall collectively be referred to as the "Entry" or "Entry Material." Your Entry must adhere to the Entry Guidelines included below and these Official Rules. Entries must be complete to be eligible. By submitting a video, you attest that all participants featured in the video have completed the release form at http://bit.ly/1Cumm1J and if participant is a minor, their parent or legal guardian has completed the release form on their behalf. You will be required to submit the release form as part of the Entry. Limit one Entry per School. If additional entries are submitted from the same School only the first entry will be eligible.
Please make sure to note the following when creating your Contest Entry:
All Entry Material must adhere to the Entry Material Guidelines and the entire Official Rules of the Contest. All material submitted becomes property of Sponsor and will not be returned. The Sponsor does not guarantee that Entrant will have any recourse through the Sponsor to edit or delete any Entry Material that is submitted.
Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. All Entries received will be reviewed and approved for compliance with these Official Rules by Sponsor.
4. Online Voting: All approved Entries will be posted on the Site and will be subject to voting by visitors to the Site during the Voting Period, which begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on January 22, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on March 16, 2015. Visitors will have the opportunity to visit the Site each day during the Voting Period and vote for their favorite Entry. Limit one (1) vote per Entry, per person, per day. The use of robotic or automatic devices for voting is prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to nullify all such votes and to disqualify the responsible individual from voting. Any attempt by any person to vote more than the number of times authorized herein, using any third party proxy voting services, incentives not sponsored by Sponsor, using multiple names or e-mail addresses and/or any other fraudulent mechanism(s), including robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods, shall give the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the right to disqualify the Entrant from the Contest. All Entrants and the votes each Entrant receives are subject to verification by Contest Administrator, and must meet all eligibility requirements before an Entrant may be confirmed as a winner of any prize.
5. Judging to Determine the Winners: The four (4) Grand Prize winners (one per Region) will be determined by a Sponsor-selected panel of judges ("Judges") based on the following criteria: Relevance to the Contest Theme (25%); Originality and Creativity (25%); Production Quality (25%) and Public Votes from the Voting Period (25%). All eligible Contest Entries will be judged from 12:01 a.m. ET on March 17, 2015 through 11:59 p.m. ET on March 31, 2015. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged based on the same criteria listed above and a winner will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants agree to the Official Rules and to the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Winner will be notified by email/mail on or about March 31, 2015.
6. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values ("ARV’s"): Four (4) Grand Prize (one per Region): $10,000 USD, awarded in the form of a check. ARV: $10,000 USD. All federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. No transfer or substitution for any prizes will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor due to prize unavailability for any reason, and, in such circumstance, an alternate prize/prize component of equal value will be awarded and the Sponsor’s obligation to the winners will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided.
7. Winner Notification: Each potential Winner will be notified by email after the judging has been completed. The Winners will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a Release of Liability and, except where prohibited, publicity release ("Affidavit") and Assignment of Rights, within seven (7) days of notification in order to receive the prize or prize will be forfeited and an alternate Finalist will be determined, time permitting. If prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if the potential Winner fails to return the required verification documents within the required document return period, an alternate potential Winner will be determined. If any potential Winners found to be ineligible or if any potential Winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential Finalist may also be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner will be determined, time permitting.
8. General Rules: All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness and Entry Material for promotional and advertising purposes, in any and all media, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. All Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of Entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest if any aspect of the Contest becomes technically corrupted, and select the winners based on votes received prior to cancellation. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Site; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor and its agencies and each party’s respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in the Contest or the awarding of prize. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Contest or use or redemption of prize. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. None of the material that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on the part of Sponsor and its third-party service providers and agents or their respective directors, officers and employees.
9. Release and Grant of Rights:
By entering, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent and affiliate companies and each such School’s officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Each Entrant, grants to Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, brands, subsidiaries, successors, licensees and agents and those they may designate from time to time (all of the foregoing, the "Licensed Entities") a non- exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sublicenseable and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, display, and perform such Entry Material, in whole or in part, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or hereafter discovered, and in any manner including all promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, without any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law). Without limitation of the foregoing, submission of any Entry Material constitutes your agreement that the Licensed Entities are permitted (but are not obligated) to display the Entry Material online for public viewing and/or comment (whether on Licensed Entities’ web pages or on third party web pages), to incorporate the Entry Material in online and offline promotional advertising, marketing, and/or other commercial materials, and to reproduce, adapt and distribute the Entry Material in all media whether now known or later developed.
By submitting an Entry, you hereby release and discharge, on behalf of yourself and your successors, assigns and representatives, the Licensed Entities and each of their respective officers, directors and employees from any and all claims, suits, actions, demands, liabilities and damages of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of such Entry by any of the Licensed Entities, including, without limitation, any and all claims for copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity and persona, and/or defamation. Without limitation of the foregoing, in no event will you be entitled to, and you waive any right to, enjoin, restrain or interfere with (i) use of such Entry Material as permitted hereunder or (ii) the exploitation of any of the Licensed Entities’ rights hereunder. You understand that the Sponsor is relying upon the foregoing representations and warranties, grants of rights and licenses, and releases in permitting you to submit Entry Material. You acknowledge that you may not terminate or rescind the grants of rights and licenses and/or the releases contained herein. The Contest and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Louisiana, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Louisiana and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in Louisiana.
10. Winner: For a list of winners, available after April 15, 2015, visit http://www.kidsmartz.org/contest
12. Sponsors: The Sponsors of the Contest are National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, 699 Prince St., Alexandria, VA 22314 and Honeywell International Inc., 101 Columbia Road, Morristown, NJ 07962